EVERY Possible Way to Make Money Homesteading
We may receive a small commission from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information, visit our Disclosures Page.
Yes….absolutely EVERY way there is to make money from your homestead!
I don’t know about you, but when I go searching for this kind of information and find SO MANY articles with great tips….I think….I wish this was all in one place.
So….here it is….I’ve compiled absolutely every list and tip I could find on the Internet, PLUS ideas from my own experience. Hopefully these will inspire you to come up with income ideas that fit your skills/resources.
Let’s get to it!
EVERY POSSIBLE WAY TO MAKE MONEY HOMESTEADING
From the Garden
- Plant extra produce and sell at your local farmer’s market.
- Preserve your produce into jams and jellies for sale.
- Can produce to sell.
- Start extra seeds and sell the seedlings to others who don’t start their own.
- Sell seeds.
- Start some fruit trees and sell the saplings.
- If you have maple trees, tap them and sell maple syrup.
- Save your heirloom seeds, package them up, and sell them.
- Make your own compost and sell it.
- Sell bunny poop.
- Sell chicken litter.
- Start a mushroom farm.
- Create and sell compost.
- Sell fresh herbs
- Sell dried herbs
- Make/sell essential oils
- Make garden markers.
- Make garden art.
- Start a CSA.
- Dehydrate your produce and make dehydrated snacks to sell at your farmer’s market.
- Make homemade tomato cages for sale.
- Make small greenhouses for sale.
- Raise compost worms and sell them.
- Sell fresh-cut flowers.
- Sell potted flower arrangements.
- Grow trees for profit.
- Nut trees to sell fruit.
- Grow/sell bedding plants/flowers
- Keep bees and sell honey, beeswax and bees.
- Sell fresh milk.
- Start cow or goat share.
- Make/sell cheese.
- Make jerky.
- Raise goats for milk or meat, sell the young.
- Raise pigs.
- Raise chickens, ducks, turkeys, guinea fowl, quail for eggs, meat, selling.
- Raise cattle for milk,meat, selling.
- Raise rabbits for meat.
- Raise/sell fish.
- Raise animals for their wool, sell wool and yarn.
- Raise earthworms.
- Raise/sell mealworms.
- Start a herd share.
- Provide stud services.
- Sell hides
- Homemade soaps.
- Homemade candles
- Crochet/knit items.
- Woodworking items: furniture, signs, bat/owl/bird houses, butterfly houses, dog houses, rabbit hutches.
- Homemade lotions, creams, salves.
- Fishing flies.
- Sewing/mending, for others or to sell items
- Metal working/welding
- Wild mushrooms
- Scrap metal
- Fresh bread, rolls, sweets
- Home-based bakery
- Write about your adventures for other blogs and magazines.
- Rent out equipment.
- Start a blog.
- Write a book.
- Teach classes in homesteading skills.
- Sell courses online.
- Snow removal
- Become a farrier/blacksmith
- Yard work
- Mechanical work
- Home repair/remodeling
- Farm/pet sitting
- Riding lessons
- Horse training
- Dog training
- Dog grooming
- Tractor work
- Board animals
- Rent pasture
- Sell straw/hay
- Pumpkin patch
- Christmas tree farm
- Corn maze
- U-Pick Farm
- Start a traveling petting zoo for parties, events
- Bed and Breakfast/Air BnB
- Rent property/barn for weddings, events.
- Resell items bought at yard/estate sales or online.
Whew…..did I forget any? If you have another great idea of how to make money on your homestead, let us know in the comments.
Some of the sites this information was curated from: